
Immediately after his birth, I hemorrhaged and didnt get a chance to hold him. Once the bleeding was finally under control, I was able to see my sweet baby boy! I got to hold him for a few minutes until he was whisked away to the NICU for breathing issues. I wasnt too worried because after Rachel was born, she had some breathing concerns and they were able to just suction her lungs and she was good to go. Unfortunately for Shane, it was not that easy. He apparently inhaled amniotic fluid which caused pneumonia, in addition to his 3 week early lungs, he was in respiratory distress. He needed to be sedated and put on a ventilator to help him breathe.


It was one of the saddest most helpless feelings in the whole world. I didnt know if I was going to bring home my son.
After about a zillion lab draws from his feet, dozens of xrays, a ventilator, c-pap, 7 day on antibiotics, 3 blown iv lines, multiple injections and a circumcision..... I brought my sweet son home from the hospital on Friday the 13th @ 7pm! It was the luckiest day of my life.


I am loving every second with this little guy. The girls are all overjoyed to have him home and they are taking every chance they get to cuddle his little body! I will write more soon and post some more pictures..... until then..... xoxo Colleen







5 comments:
He is awesome!! It's SUCKS bigtime when they have to stay in NICU. I bawled driving away from the hospital when Colin had to stay in there.
Congrats on your little boy. They are a whole different breed -- not saying good or bad just different.
Congrats new momma! What a sweet little boy!
Congrats! I'm glad your little boy is doing ok and is home.
CONGRATULATIONS!! Shane is beautiful! thanks for sharing your birth story. what an exciting and scary time that must have been. so glad you and shane are doing well and home. congrats again!!
Woo hoo. Shane looks wonderful and the picture of Rachel holding her new baby brother is priceless.
My only thought is, oh well, she hasn't slept for a good six years anyway, what's another 4 or 5 years without sleep. :-)
I'll be joining you soon, sista.
Post a Comment